Shark is one of the leading brands when it comes to household cleaning equipment, proving that the possibilities are virtually endless when you combine innovation with technology. Whenever you think that the brand’s products could not get any better, Shark will never fail to surprise you. In fact, the brand created two of the best vacuum models out on the market now, the Shark NV682 under the Rotator Speed series and the Shark NV752 under the Rotator TruePet series.
Both vacuum models feature useful and advanced technologies including the HEPA filtration and the anti-allergen complete seal technology, among others. Indeed, they share a lot in common. However, we are going to discuss not only the similarities but the differences between them as well. Factors such as the design, portability, cleaning performance, price, accessories, and consumer feedback will also be discussed in detail. This way, you will be able to evaluate which one would be a better addition to your household. Now, let’s take a closer look at the Shark NV682 and the Shark NV752.
Comparison and Review of Shark NV682 and Shark NV752
You will find both the Shark NV682 and the Shark NV752 always on the top spot of the bestselling and high-performance vacuum cleaners. In this section, we will be assessing these two amazing models and evaluate which of these two offer far more value for your money. Here are some of their similarities and differences:
Both the Shark NV682 and the NV752 are upright vacuum cleaners but they are completely different in terms of appearance. The Shark NV682 comes in blue while the Shark NV752 comes in dark red and blue with silver.
Another noteworthy difference is the size, in which the Shark NV752 is larger compared to the NV682. The reason is that the Shark NV752, with dimensions of 13.2 x 11.9 x 45 inches, is the pioneer Rotator Powered Lift-Away model that has the form of a full-sized upright vacuum. The Shark NV682, on the other hand, has a compact size with its dimensions that measure 11.8 x 11.9 x 46.1 inches.
Shark upright vacuums have gained popularity over the years due to its great maneuverability. This has been made possible, thanks to the brand’s use of the Swivel Steering Technology, allowing the vacuum to move smoothly around obstacles including beds, furniture, as well as walls.
However, it should be noted that there is a slight difference between their weights. The Shark NV752 is slightly heavier, with 15.6 pounds full upright vacuum and the lift-away pod of 8 pounds. Meanwhile, the Shark NV682’s full upright vacuum weighs around 13.3 pounds and its lift-away pod weight of fewer than 6 pounds.
Both the Shark NV682 and the NV752 belong to different Shark product lines, which is why each of these two has its own individual strengths. Both vacuums perform excellently in terms of deep cleaning on various surfaces, we still find it necessary to differentiate each of their features.
- The Shark NV682 and the NV752 are 3-in-1 vacuums, which includes powered lift-away, upright, and canister.
- Both models use the innovative Never Loses Suction technology, which made the brand very popular during the past years. With this technology, these vacuums will be able to provide consistent airflow, from beginning to end. With this feature, you will never have to worry again about the vacuum not having enough suction power while you are cleaning.
- These vacuums also come equipped with three washable filters: two pre-motor filters and the HEPA filter. The pre-motor filters can be found just under the dust canister and they already include a felt and foam filter. The HEPA filter, on the other hand, is the post-motor filter. In addition, the HEPA filter is paired with the Anti-Allergen Complete Seal technology, which traps up to 99.97% of allergens and small particles.
Now that we have discussed both the Shark NV682 and Shark NV752’s similarities, it is now time for us to discuss what sets them apart from each other. This is very important because this would either make or break your buying decision. We understand that you may decide based on your budget but it would also be vital for you to know which of the two has better performance when it comes to cleaning capabilities. Now, let’s talk about their individual strengths:
- The difference between the two is that only the Shark NV752 features the integrated LED lights found on the handle, which can be used when cleaning dark areas. To add, this specific vacuum model comes with a larger dust cup capacity of around 3.3 quarts, unlike the Shark NV682 with only 2.9 quarts.
- Another difference between these two models is the suction power. With the Shark NV752, it does not have the variable suction control on its handle, unlike the Shark NV682. This would mean that the NV752’s suction can only be switched with high or low. Meanwhile, the NV682 has the capability to adjust its airflow just by choosing which surface it would be cleaning, may it be carpet or hardwood floors.
Every purchase of the Shark NV682 comes with a TruePet mini motorized brush, a dust-away pro-cleaner head, a caddy, a crevice tool, and a pet multi-tool. The Shark NV752, on the other hand, comes with the TruePet tool, a hard floor tool, a dusting tool, a dusting brush, a canister caddy, and an accessories bag.
Because both the Shark NV682 and the Shark NV752 have excellent features and cleaning capability, expect that it would cost you a lot. In fact, you may have to pay at least $250 up to $400. In addition, you might find it surprising that the Shark NV682 is a lot pricier than the Shark NV752, considering that the latter has way more features and included accessories than the former.
- The Shark NV682 received 4.5 out of 5 stars on Amazon, with 74% of the customers who gave the model a 5-star rating. It’s not surprising that most consumers have praised this product, stating that it was the best Shark model they have ever purchased. To add, the NV682 was commended because of its lightweight properties and it is in fact, a combination of the powered lift-away and rotator modes. A downside, however, is that the buyers have complained about this vacuum not having a built-in on and off switch on the middle.
- The Shark NV752 also received a 4.5 out of 5 stars on Amazon, with 74% of the customers who gave the product a 5-star rating. Overall, the buyers were very satisfied with its appearance, commending the nice color scheme. They also have praised the vacuum’s powerful suction, as well as the feature that gets rid of pet hair. As with the NV682, the NV752 also had criticisms, specifically about its weight. Consumers have commented that the vacuum’s weight made it difficult for them to bring it upstairs.
Comparing the Shark NV682 and the Shark NV752, we imagine, might be such a confusing task for you. Luckily, we have prepared a very detailed comparison and review of these two outstanding Shark vacuums. It’s true, each of them has their own individual strengths and weaknesses but it would take your careful evaluation to know which of these two can offer you great value for your money. Both are a bit expensive, which makes it even more important to decide which vacuum it is that you can benefit from the most.